Difflam™ Spray allows you to deliver just the right amount of fast acting relief2, straight to where it's needed. Suitable for adults and children under 6 years.* It can be used to treat many painful conditions of the mouth and throat including:1,2
- Mouth ulcers, sore throat or gums
- Pain and inflammation following dental surgery
- Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis) following surgical removal of the tonsils (tonsillectomy) or the use of a tube passed through the nose into the stomach (naso-gastric tube)
Triple Action Relief1,3:
To support the body’s natural healing process and help you feel better sooner.
To relieve the pain from a sore throat quickly and effectively.
To soothe a sore throat so you can get on with your day.
Do not use Difflam™ Spray if you are allergic to benzydamine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients listed in the Patient Information Leaflet.
Always read the label and patient information leaflet carefully. Do not use for more than seven days continuously unless under advice from a healthcare professional. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Always use Difflam™ Spray exactly as instructed and check with a healthcare professional if you are not sure. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your doctor, pharmacist or dentist.
*CHILDREN UNDER 6: One puff to be administered per 4 kg body weight, up to a maximum of 4 puffs, 1½-3 hourly.
- Difflam™ Spray Summary of Product Characteristics
- Simard-Savoie, S., (1978). Topical Anaesthetic Activity of Benzydamine. Current Therapeutic Research. 23(6), 734-745
- Agarwal A et al. An evaluation of aspirin and benzydamine hydrochloride gargle for attenuating postoperative sore throat: a prospective sore throat: a prospective, randomized, single-blind study. Anesth Analg 2006; 103(4): 1001-1003.
Reporting of side effects. If you get side effects, talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the patient information leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the national reporting system: HPRA Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL – Dublin. Tel: +353 1 6764971; Fax: +353 1 6762517. Website: www.hpra.ie; E-mail: email@example.com. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. You should also report any side effects to Mylan Pharmacovigilance on +44(0)8001218267 and Ukpharmacovigilance@mylan.com.