Mylan Ireland Limited, Mylan IRE Healthcare Limited, BGP Products Operations GmbH
For the purposes of this policy, personal data has the same meaning as personal information, which is information about an identifiable individual.
3. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan is likely to collect your personal data because:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes:
- for administration of the Websites;
- for statistical purposes to help improve the Websites to provide you with information that you request from Mylan or which Mylan
feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to deal with enquiries and/or applications made by you through the related forms available on the Websites;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Mylan;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to Mylan’s service;
4. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication
data, and information about your computer;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to use the Websites, subscribing to Mylan’s service, posting
material, requesting further services and/or applying for a position of employment with us (including but not limited to your name,
address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- information that you provide to us by completing any other forms on Mylan’s websites or if you contact us with comments or
specific requests (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address). Mylan may also ask you for
information when you report a problem with the websites;
- if you contact Mylan, it may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Mylan may also ask you to complete surveys that it uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Electronic identification data available on your computer (such as “cookies” or “IP addresses”)
- Health data such as disease, medical treatment followed, Mylan products consumed, as provided by you by any relevant Mylan
application you may use.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In general, personal data you provide to us is used:
- to provide and improve our services;
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to your request for information;
- to inform you about our new products and services as well as about job opportunities within Mylan;
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained by Mylan until such time that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed.
Thus, Mylan applies the following data retention periods
- Data related to the performance of a service (e.g. use of our applications) or a request of you prior to entering into a service
contract with Mylan, is kept for the whole duration of the contract. After the end of the contract, this Data is archived for
litigation purposes during the statutory limitation period.
- Data related to marketing (including newsletters, financial and data related to generic and specific inquiries of yours) is kept
for 10 years from the last communication Mylan had with you. At the end of this period, Mylan will contact you to enquire whether you
wish to continue receiving communication. In case of a negative answer, or no response from you is received, this Data is archived for
litigation purposes during the statutory limitation period.
- Personal data related to customers are held for a period of to 18 months from their last order or activity with Mylan. Unless
Mylan is notified that the customer details have changed or the customer has requested for his/her details to be removed.
- Data related to the recruitment process is kept 12 months from date of application.
Mylan applies the following data retention periods applicable to cookies and/or similar technologies used by Mylan
As you visit the Websites, Mylan is also likely to collect directly through cookies, server logs or similar technology, personal data from your browser (including your IP address and your preferences), and anonymous usage statistics.
Therefore, we may use the personal data we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes
- to keep track of your input when filling online forms etc.
- to identify you once you have logged in
- to detect authentication abuses
- to remember your custom preferences
- to conduct analytics and market research
- for online behavioral target advertising
As a reminder, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data through cookies. For that purpose, you may disable the installation of cookies by configuring your browser.
Any recent web browsers allow you to change the settings related to cookies. These settings are usually available in the section “Tools”, “options”, “help” or “preferences” in your browser.
8. THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Mylan shares your Personal Data with any relevant Mylan subsidiaries and affiliates, on a need-to-know basis (e.g. share of
recruitment data between the recruiting and the mother company etc.)
- Mylan may also share your personal data with third parties under the following conditions:
- You gave your prior consent to share personal data (for instance, to send you, on the sites and third parties sites, advertising
adapted to your preferences);
- Mylan needs to share such personal data with its service providers acting on our behalf, namely, our technical service providers
such as maintenance and hosting providers or dub-processors which supply a service that you have requested (for example, when you
apply for a job on the “Mylan Career” section);
- Mylan receives a request from a judicial authority or any other legally authorized administrative authority asking that such
personal data be disclosed in compliance with the laws in force.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
To offer its services, Mylan may need to transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected.
Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided that personal data.
Regarding personal data transfers from the Mylan business located in your country, to Mylan N.V. offices located in the U.S.: Mylan N.V. has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce and the European Commission regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer, and other processing of personal data transferred from the EEA to the U.S. For more information about the Privacy Shield, or to see our certification, please see https://www.privacyshield.gov
Regarding personal data transfers from the Mylan business located in your country, to any other Mylan entity or third-party provider located in a different country: Mylan puts in place adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, and those individual’s ability to exercise those corresponding rights.
You have the right to request from Mylan:
- Access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data
- Restriction of processing of your personal data, or to object to such processing
- Data portability (i.e., to request your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format).
When the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the following supervisory authority:
||Data Protection Commission
||R32 AP23 Co. Laois
To exercise your rights, you can contact us as indicated in the contact personal data section 14, below.
11. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan will use its best efforts to protect your personal data against damage, loss, disclosure, misappropriation, intrusion, alteration, or destruction. To help protect the privacy of data, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We restrict access to your personal data to those who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about privacy.
13. CONTACT PERSONAL DATA / QUESTIONS
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Mail at Chief Privacy Officer, 1000 Mylan Boulevard, Canonsburg, Pa. 15317, United States,
Mylan has also appointed a Data Protection Officer.
Details of DPO: email@example.com
Job Code: MPI-2018-0001 Date of Preparation: March 2019